[systemd-devel] StartTransientService problems

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Mar 4 19:47:13 PST 2014

On Tue, 25.02.14 17:59, Barry Scott (barry.scott at onelan.co.uk) wrote:

> > Which should make them available via the bus for transient units. If you
> > need other props like this, just let me know and I'll add them too...
> >

> I just tried to set LimitCORE and that was rejected. Can you add this and the
> other related LimitXXX items please?

Done, in git.

I also updated "systemd-run" to take arbitrary settable properties with
a new "-p" switch to set on the unit that is created. I used that as a
testcase for LimitCORE and friends. But this enables a lot of other cool things:

  # systemd-run -p BlockIOWeight=10 updatedb

Is an awesome way to run updatedb in the background without taking much
resources, totally cgroup-enabled...