[systemd-devel] Subscribe from commandline

Usman desert03 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 08:42:27 PST 2014

Hi Guys,

Probably this question has been asked before and it might be a DBus list question rather than systemd but just asking anyway, so please pardon my ignorance. I am using "dbus-send" to get some properties out of systemd dbus messages when an application dies. The thing is that I need to send Subscribe first to systemd so that I can receive those messages. But if I use dbus-send from commandline it immediately exits and then there is no where to receive the death notification messages (since there are no active subscriptions). How are you guys testing this? Write any script that stays? Any example I can follow?

Thanks.