[systemd-devel] The Bridge on the River PID EINS

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:14:46 PDT 2014

Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> schrieb:

>> Kai, I understand you very well, however I am not the author of the
>> 'networkd'. :)
>> Besides the manual is more than an excellent reference, of course, if it
>> is correct.
>> So let the theory go and give an example how to solve this, if you don't
>> mind.

Apparently, I'm still on systemd-208 but I'm following the news about
systemd-networkd with interest. This means, I cannot give a proven working
example yet - but luckily Tom jumped the gap:

> What you probably want is something like this:
>
> $ ll /etc/systemd/network/
> ... bridge0.netdev
> ... bridge0.network
> ... enp3s0.network
>
> $ cat /etc/systemd/network/enp3s0.network
> [Match]
> Name=enp3s0
>
> [Network]
> Bridge=bridge0
>
> $ cat /etc/systemd/network/bridge0.netdev
> [NetDev]
> Name=bridge0
> Kind=bridge
>
> $ cat /etc/systemd/network/bridge0.network
> [Match]
> Name=bridge0
>
> [Network]
> Address=192.168.2.2/24
> Gateway=192.168.2.1
> DNS=192.168.2.1

This looks exactly what I would've suggested. It configures the network on
bridge0 while the rest is just plain device configuration with the purpose
of building the bridge.

--
Replies to list only preferred.