[systemd-devel] GuessMainPID=no required to make daemon reload work

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 7 01:02:19 PDT 2014

'Twas brillig, and Gerd v. Egidy at 05/05/14 22:17 did gyre and gimble:
>> > Secondly, the killing is asynchronous.
> When looking at
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
> I see "/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID" recommended. How is this different in regards
> to asynchronism than the command I used above? In both cases systemd doesn't
> know when the reload is finished and if it was successful or not.

I'm not sure the man page "recommends" it as such, but it's certainly
there as an example, so I take your point.

It should probably be heavily caveated in the man page though as per
Lennart's previous comments.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie