[systemd-devel] systemd-213 fails to compile without kmod, no way to fix it using ./configure options

Samuli Suominen ssuominen at gentoo.org
Sat May 31 07:10:07 PDT 2014

On 31/05/14 14:14, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> 1. "libsystemd_network_la_SOURCES =" in Makefile.am includes
> "src/libsystemd-network/network-internal.h"
> and there is no anykind of #ifdef -logic behind it
>
> 2. "src/libsystemd-network/network-internal.h" has #include <libkmod.h>
> and there is no anykind of #ifdef
> -logic behind it
>
> so kmod is hardcoded dependency in systemd-213:

This patch is a half-complete hack that only works with
--disable-networkd, as it only covers the files
that are outside of the #if NETWORKD in Makefile.am
As in, I've used this patch only for the package within Gentoo that
builds only udev, not rest of systemd,
that uses --disable-networkd
So consider this as proof of consept, not for inclusion

- Samuli