[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] units/basic.target units/poweroff.target units/reboot.target

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 06:12:52 PST 2014

> However, doing unattended upgrades at shutdown is not really a
> common case.

Well for Debian and Debian based distribution it most certainly can be
the case since it has allowed for it's update/upgrade mechanism to be
configured to install updates on shutdown.

In Fedora we had at least couple of cases where users were doing the same.

And if memory serves me correct with at least one case that was one
large installation in university where they had an cron job that updated
the lab computers , then shut them down at a spesific time of day or
updated them before they got shutdown

In both cases ( cronjob, shutdown command ) I think the solution would
be to create a unit that is installed and executed before the shutdown
target.

JBG