[systemd-devel] newer systemd for rhel7/centos7

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 20 10:48:22 PST 2014

Am 20.11.2014 um 19:41 schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
> On 11/20/2014 06:27 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>

>> what you asked don't matter since this is a *developer list* and so no
>> place where a RHEL customer with support is expected to jump blindly
>> and try unsupported packages
>
> Right which makes this not the place to ask for this either. ( should be
> asked in downstream community's surrounding RHEL and it's clones )

* if "downstream" is oudated you shout
* if "downstream" tries to change that you shout
* if a user from downstream asks something you shout

>>> Red Hat should be supplying it's own QA resources to test it's own and
>>> upcoming RHEL product releases instead of be reaching out to the
>>> community *to do it for them*  and leach of it + he does not mention, if
>>> you intend on testing this on RHEL if it breaks your RHEL support
>>> contract or not ( which most likely it does ) hence the question
>>
>> no idea from where your personal vendetta against Redhat is coming
>> (not only in that response, over years, everywhere) but why don't you
>> just ignore anything containing the company name?
>
> My personal vendetta against Red Hat spurs from their attitude and
> repeated misuse of contributors time in projects like Fedora but that's
> irrelevant here.

your definition of "misuse" is just broken

> Encase you somehow missed it, the systemd project has been heavinly
> criticized for being a Red Hat only project

not only - also for be hostile in responses to anybody asking something
without provide code - as you do here again

> and it's members heavily
> flamed publicly due to that and it makes no wonder if people get that
> notion when RHEL employees treat it like internal company project

by just asking upstream developers to have a look?
really?

nobody did "treat" anything!
somebody asked and if you don#t care - well - then don't care

but at the same context hestitate if "downstream" does something not in
*your* intention later and shout "why did they not ask us before XXX"