[systemd-devel] Work on adding polkit support to systemd1

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Sep 3 11:40:27 PDT 2014

On Mon, 01.09.14 15:28, Stef Walter (stef at thewalter.net) wrote:

> > We had the idea to reserve a single bit in the dbus message header for
> > that. See the discussion on the dbus-ML:
> >     http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2014-August/016294.html
>
> Thanks.

I have now posted a patch for the spec to the dbus ML:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2014-September/016314.html

(wanted to add you to CC, but forgot)

> > It looks like the most sane way to resolve this issue, imho.
>
> I guess so. Makes a lot of sense.
>
> We'll need to see how backportable this ends up being for all of
> libdbus, gdbus ... of hand it doesn't that seem *that* invasive if it's
> just a flag.

Yeah, it should be pretty trivial.

You don't even strictly need to backport this to gdbus actually, as
gdbus gives you full, direct access to the flags byte. libdbus doesn't
though, there we need an API addition first. (And gdbus should expose
the enum, too, of course...)