[systemd-devel] help with systemd socket file for programs in the quagga suite

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Sep 12 10:15:32 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I am attempting to learn how to use systemd.  I decided to try synthesising a
'socket file'  I have   programs in the quagga suite installed in /usr  and
doing  /usr/sbin/program --help
has this line
-z, --socket       Set path of zebra socket

I  read the manpage on systemd sockets
(  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.socket.html  )
and tentatively arrived at the following:-

#################################
[Socket]

ListenStream=PortNumberUsedByZebra

BindIPv6Only=both
BindToDevice=eth0

SocketUser=quagga
SocketGroup=quagga
Accept=no

MaxConnections=6
KeepAlive=1

Service=/etc/systemd/system/zebra.service

##################################

--firstly: I would like to know from the systemd experts on list whether I
amd folllowing the right approach
--secondly I would like to know if I can set /path/to/socket  for the
propgrams in the quagga suite AND
the use of the lines
ListenStream=PortNumberUsedByZebra
BindToDevice=eth0
as
/path/to/socket=/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0

thanks in advance

sincerely
lux-integ