[systemd-devel] Suppressing automounting

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 10:49:38 PDT 2014

В Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:53:27 +0200
Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <tobias.geerinckx.rice at gmail.com> пишет:

> Step back, and define exactly what it is you actually need^Wwant to do.

It was described clear enough already.

> From my reading of the thread, this is to emulate as closely ye olde
> initscripts' unreliable and flawed behaviour of attempting to mount
> one or more devices exactly once (i.e., a one-shot "mount -a"), but
> not until an arbitrary time-out has elapsed after which all external
> devices are blindly assumed to have been initialised for no good
> reason.

This thread is not about "blindly assuming" anything. Actually, it is
systemd which blindly assumes user wants to always mount device as soon
at it appears.

> This isn't hard to achieve with systemd,

In case you missed it - it is impossible to achieve with systemd right
now. At least, it is impossible to achieve what the goal of OP was -
attempt to automount device exactly once on system boot and give up if
it was not successful. Which had been semantic of /etc/fstab for quite
some time.