[systemd-devel] Forwarding to syslog missed XX messages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 15 06:23:19 PDT 2014

Am 15.09.2014 um 15:19 schrieb Umut Tezduyar Lindskog:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> You might want to take a look at the following thread too just to
>>> increase the syslog limit:
>>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-August/021897.html

>> well, there is already "ReceiveBuffer=8M" and using only
>> the settings below as far as i understand is a pull from
>> rsyslog and not a forward since without "$IMJournalStateFile"
>> every time you restart rsyslog you got the same old log repeated
>
> Could both be enabled? As far as I can see from the code, "Forwarding
> to ..." messages are part of forwarding messages to syslog code path
> which is enabled by ForwardToSyslog=yes in /etc/systemd/journald.conf

unlikely - in that case i would see messages twice
been there by forgot to remove other modules and only
add "$ModLoad imjournal"

i really have the feeling it counts any message because
on my admin machine there was all silent in journalctl
and after connect with telnet to the sshd trigger the
"closed connection" message it logged as expected and
"missed 6 messages" again