[systemd-devel] journal repair

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:16:13 PDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 02:10 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>    journalctl --file /var/log/xxx.journal | systemd-journal-remote --file /tmp/xxx.journal -
>    mv /tmp/xxx.journal /var/log/xxx.journal
>
> We could easily provide the functionality to do this automatically,
> but I don't know how useful this would be.

Granting them the ability to fix this via switch --repair or offer to
fix it when encountered which they confirm with yes or no or simply do
it automatically will be very useful for those users that are
encountering these errors.

It kinda goes hand in hand if you provide the ability to verify you also
provide the ability to fix it in the process.

JBG