[systemd-devel] OnCalendar every X minutes

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Apr 2 01:39:31 PDT 2015

On Mon, 30.03.15 01:12, Mirco Tischler (mt-ml at gmx.de) wrote:

> However there's one difference between these relative triggers and
> OnCalendar: you can only use Persistent= in combination with
> OnCalendar. This means that if your timer elapses in 5 minutes and you
> suspend your machine for an hour or so, after resume it still elapses
> in 5 minutes.

To clarify: Persietent= only matters for full system reboots, it has
no effect on suspend/resume cycles.

What you are asking for are basically .timer triggers for
CLOCK_BOOTTIME rather than CLOCK_MONOTONIC. This is something we could
certainly support, hence I added this to th TODO list now.

Traditionally CLOCK_BOOTTIME didn't support timerfd(), but that
limitation has been lifted on newer kernerls AFAIR, hence we could add
this relatively easily.