[systemd-devel] Minimal systemd configuration

sdrb sdrb at onet.eu
Sun Apr 5 00:56:14 PDT 2015

Hello,

I've got a few very basic questions regarding configuration of systemd.

I'm trying to setup some minimal configuration for qemu running linux.

The qemu runs linux kernel which mounts nfs-root as root directory.
I've made minimal nfs-root and now I'd like to start the system with
systemd in it.
I copied all the files from /usr/lib/systemd and /etc/systemd from my
linux to nfs-root but when linux runs systemd - I got a lot of error
messages like "[FAILED] Failed to start xxx service".

My questions are:

1. Is there any documentation for creating minimal systemd
configuration? I mean for example - for qemu or embedded systems - with
only sshd daemon running and console to just log into the system?

2. Does the systemd require external applications like mount, login or
other to work properly?

3. Is it possible to reconfigure systemd to run some script at the end
of initialisation?

sdrb