[systemd-devel] Disable dbus-daemon for a service

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 01:54:08 PDT 2015

When I start Firefox, it starts  </usr/bin/dbus-daemon
--config-file=/etc/at-spi2/accessibility.conf>, part of the Gnome's
Accessibility Project. I guess it is tarts with:

< /usr/lib/at-spi2-core/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-session>

I would like to get rid of this dbus daemon. I found one solution was
to export NOT_AT_BRIDGE=1, but it doesn't work for me.
I can of course remove/rename
</usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.a11y.Bus.service>, but it is not a
clean solution.

I tried playing with /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf with adding some
<deny> policy:

<policy user="gabx">
  <deny send_destination="/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.a11y.Bus.service"/>
</policy>

But it didn't work.

So may someone please tell me how to prevent a service, in general, to
start a dbus session?

Thank you

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx