[systemd-devel] SD_BUS_VTABLE_CAPABILITY

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Apr 20 07:57:33 PDT 2015

On Fri, 17.04.15 09:14, Andy Lutomirski (luto at amacapital.net) wrote:

> My point here is that there's no real shortage of downsides to this
> scheme, and there still appears to be little to no benefit.

Well, let's turn this around. You seem to really dislike caps. And you
vaguely claim security holes, which we have shown know don't
exist. So, now, can you clearly explain why precisely you dislike them
so much still?  And something more technical then "systemd shouldn't
use them" or "i don't like them", or "they should only be used in the
kernel", because these are not technical reasons, they are just claims
of personal taste.

I will grant you that they aren't particularly expressive, and I will
grant you that one day there might be better concepts. But that's not
a strong reason not to support them really, that's just a reason to
later add support for something better.