[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] TODO

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 29 02:51:18 PDT 2015

Hello all,

Lennart Poettering [2015-04-28 17:48 +0200]:
> Hmm, so, anyone found out anything useful about this? None of the
> links above has anything useful really. I have never seen this issue
> myself, so I kinda am relying on input from those who experiencing
> this.
>
> Is this still an issue with current, unpatched git (which has fsckd
> removed among other changes).

Good news! I restarted my Reboot Loop Smoke Test Of Doom, and git
master indeed seems fine. So a git bisect run [1] and a few hours
later tells me that apparently
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=64144440 fixes
this for good. Thanks to Zbigniew and Coverity! :-)

Thus it seems the bug was really introduced in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=a354329f72 and
the reverted commit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=13790add4bf64
merely exposed the bug as journald was (one of the) first user of fd
storage.

Commit 64144440 applies cleanly on top of v219-stable, so I replaced
our reverted patch with a backport of that fix, and successfully
re-tested a package with that. Can we get this into v219-stable?

(FTR: This bug was reported before fsckd, so that had nothing to do
with it)

Thanks,

Martin (who is happy that this excruciating bug finally seems fixed)

[1] Every time I use this a small kitten comes back to life!