[systemd-devel] pam_systemd.so indirectly calling pam_acct_mgmt

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 05:54:20 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 11:36 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 29.04.15 22:24, Jakub Hrozek (jakub.hrozek at posteo.se) wrote:
>
> > ...why exactly does systemd-user need to call the account stack
> > for? Again,
> > I totally understand session, but account?
>
> Well, if the user service is started without the user being logged in
> (because "loginctl set-linger" was used), then we still need to check
> if the account actually permits that.

Does set-linger persist across reboots? I thought it only amounted to
avoiding the deletion of the user session stuff when the last session
logged out.

If it can cause a user session to be started on boot, then having the
access check makes sense. If it can *only* be started on a particular
boot after the user has logged in at least once, then it seems
redundant at best.