[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sun Dec 20 05:34:15 PST 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 02:30:30PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 05:00:32PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > and then tell admin to use systemctl edit
> > [Unit]
> > Environment=OPTS=-baz
>
> How would I do the equivalent of systemctl edit with a declarative
> configuration management tool like puppet?

  You have to make sure directory /etc/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha.service.d/
exists, then inside you create something.conf file with above content.

  Alternatively you can create /etc/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha.service file
with required customisation, using puppet.

  Afterwards you need to issue "systemctl daemon-reload" (or send signal
to PID1) to have the changes read.

--
Tomasz Torcz                        Once you've read the dictionary,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl           every other book is just a remix.