[systemd-devel] Query regarding "EnvironmentFile"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 26 10:58:38 PST 2015

Am 26.12.2015 um 19:52 schrieb Manuel Amador (Rudd-O):
> On 12/10/2015 03:20 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Apache:
>> <IfDefine testserver>
>> Include "conf/local/testserver.conf"
>> </IfDefine>
>>
>> and now you can use the same systemd-unit on a dozens of machines and
>> include specific config snippets WITOUT touch the systemd-unit or
>> *anything* else in the apache configuration
>
> This sounds like you're aching to use something like Ansible or
> SaltStack.  Dozens of machines, that means you're going to be managing
> dozens of files.  Use a proper configuration management system

i am capable to write my configs by hand withoput babysitting by Puppet
or something else - why sould i introduce security holes and making
things more complex than needed all over my environment when i know what
i am doing?

https://www.google.com/search?q=puppet+cve

> Also note that with your defines "system", service apache reload stops
> working.  If you wrote those things /properly in the config files/ (like
> you could do with Ansible or SaltStack), then no-downtime reload becomes
> possible again

uhm - "EnvironmentFile" don't change often and so reload is possible all
the time