[systemd-devel] heads-up: chasing journal(?) related regression in 219 causing boot hang/fail

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 22 08:55:45 PST 2015

Lennart Poettering [2015-02-20 17:02 +0100]:
> To me this appears as if dbus is hanging for some reason. Have you
> checked what dbus is doing?

D-Bus itself seems to be fine. There are services on it, busctl works,
etc.

Anyway, I now have a capable enough arsenal to reproduce that hang
fully automatically and a git bisect run script, which after a few
hours of grinding spat out that this is the culprit:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=13790add4bf64
  (journald: allow restarting journald without losing stream connections)

and indeed reverting that on top of current git master (reverts
cleanly) makes things work perfectly again.

I haven't drilled down into the patch itself yet, that's not something
I want to start doing on a Sunday :-)

Martin