[systemd-devel] Running system services required for certain filesystems

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 12 14:45:41 PST 2015

Andrei Borzenkov wrote on 12/01/15 18:31:
> В Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:34:37 +0000
> Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> пишет:
>

>> It seems that it's not activated here any longer, despite me having
>> remote-fs.target enabled and, as remote-fs-pre.target is static, I
>> cannot specifically enable it. It's my understanding that it should be
>> automatically started.

>> What else is meant to pull in remote-fs-pre.target? The only mention in
>> the code is in src/core/mount.c but that's just for an After= dep, not a
>> Requires= one.
>>

> remote-fs-pre.target is intended to be pulled in by consumer; as per
> man page, "unit that wants to be ordered before all remote mounts pulls
> it in via a Wants= type dependency". May be some other service has
> changed and lost this dependency?

Ahh indeed, I must have missed that change back when it was tweaked
around a bit a year or two back :s

> Although there is probably no harm in always starting it.

Hmmm, yeah, but I now see a problem.

I have fstab entries with nofail. This means that they do not prevent
remote-fs.target from starting before they are mounted. This then allows
systemd-user-sessions to start before they are mounted (it has
After=remote-fs.target).

If we enable remote-fs-pre.target, remote-fs.target is delayed until
after that (it as After=remote-fs-pre.target).

Now, remote-fs-pre.target won't start until the network is up, so the
net result is that even with only nofail NFS fstab definitions, I don't
get my graphical login until after the network is up!

So darn! This breaks a few of my general desired behaviour and requirements!

I'm wondering if the systemd-user-sessions After=remote-fs.target
directive should be dropped and perhaps moved over to the fstab
generator instead?

That would probably keep me happy :D

One for the discussion board at the sprint on the 30th maybe.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie