[systemd-devel] cdrom_id and 60-cdrom_id.rules behavior

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 15 02:38:33 PST 2015

Oliver Neukum [2015-01-15 11:31 +0100]:
> No, the events are generated. And it is processed.
> There is just no unmounting.

That sounds like a bug/missing feature in cdrom_id --eject-media then.
You could try and replace it with /usr/bin/eject, which does the
unmounting of all partitions first, fail on busy, and does the eject
at last?

> But what is the motivation of in effect disabling door locking?

We don't -- we specifically leave it locked so that we get the "eject
button pressed" events. (See my other response for some details).

Martin