[systemd-devel] Swap gets activated twice (through fstab and gpt generators)

Peter Mattern matternp at arcor.de
Fri Jan 23 05:03:35 PST 2015

I saw this on an Arch Linux (systemd 218) i686 QEMU VM using BIOS and
GPT, too. Couldn't see it on another x86_64 VM using UEFI (TianoCore /
OVMF) and GPT but configured exactly the same apart from this.

Lenovo's Yoga 2 Pro used by the said bug report's OP is featuring a
BIOS, too.

> So perhaps the more robust fix would be to make the gpt generator not
> generate swap units if fstab already configures any swap device? I. e.
> auto-discovery and swaps in fstab are mutually exclusive then.
According to man
(http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-gpt-auto-generator.html,
see section "Description") systemd-gpt-auto-generator is supposed to
behave like this by now already.

So maybe a bug in systemd-gpt-auto-generator manifesting only in the
context of BIOS + GPT?

Regards,

Peter Mattern