[systemd-devel] Swap gets activated twice (through fstab and gpt generators)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 28 03:37:12 PST 2015

Lennart Poettering [2015-01-28  1:03 +0100]:
> I implemented a different logic now:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=37cf8fee46025d704660a9fc1d1349fe7d0b139d
>
> With this change we'll now dispatch only one mkswap per device node,
> regardless which symlinked alias is used to refer to it. I have only
> given this very light testing, and I am not sure this solves the
> original problem you reported, hence I'd be thankful if you could
> check if this makes the problem go away.

I built a package with this for Debian and Ubuntu. The Debian reporter
in https://bugs.debian.org/772182 confirmed that this is working, I
think/hope the Ubuntu reporter in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1399595 is also usually very
responsive, I think he'll report back soon too. So it fixes that
problem, thanks!

However, in my VM with no GPT, but a simple fstab entry for the swap
booting now hangs forever, swap.target doesn't become active any more.
I don't have time right now to investigate this further, but I suppose
this should be fairly easy to reproduce.

Thanks,

Martin