[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v222

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:57:34 PDT 2015

Hi

This is primarily a bugfix release, but we also changed the way we
provide release sources. We no longer build tarballs but instead only
provide git archives. The build-system has been adjusted to make sure
git-archives will be the same as tarballs, apart from the pre-built
autotools scripts. Thus, you're free to continue building tarballs if
you require them. You can find the git-archives over at github:

    https://github.com/systemd/systemd/archive/v222.tar.gz

This release includes a wide range of fixes, most notably to fix bugs
in kdbus backwards compatibility handling. Furthermore, we removed old
udev code that is obsolete or moved to another location.

Please also note that we now moved python-systemd into a separated
repository. We will very likely drop it in the next release, which
will be v223. You can find python-systemd over at github:

    https://github.com/systemd/python-systemd

CHANGES WITH 222:

        * udev does not longer support the WAIT_FOR_SYSFS= key in udev rules.
          There are no known issues with current sysfs, and udev does not need
          or should be used to work around such bugs.

        * udev does no longer enable USB HID power management. Several reports
          indicate, that some devices cannot handle that setting.

        * The udev accelerometer helper was removed. The functionality
          is now fully included in iio-sensor-proxy. But this means,
          older iio-sensor-proxy versions will no longer provide
          accelerometer/orientation data with this systemd version.
          Please upgrade iio-sensor-proxy to version 1.0.

        * networkd gained a new configuration option IPv6PrivacyExtensions=
          which enables IPv6 privacy extensions (RFC 4941, "Privacy Extensions
          for Stateless Address") on selected networks.

        * For the sake of fewer build-time dependencies and less code in the
          main repository, the python bindings are about to be removed in the
          next release. A new repository has been created which accommodates
          the code from now on, and we kindly ask distributions to create a
          separate package for this. The removal will take place in v223.

            https://github.com/systemd/python-systemd

        Contributions from: Abdo Roig-Maranges, Andrew Eikum, Bastien Nocera,
        Cédric Delmas, Christian Hesse, Christos Trochalakis, Daniel Mack,
        daurnimator, David Herrmann, Dimitri John Ledkov, Eric Biggers, Eric
        Cook, Felipe Sateler, Geert Jansen, Gerd Hoffmann, Gianpaolo Macario,
        Greg Kroah-Hartman, Iago López Galeiras, Jan Alexander Steffens
        (heftig), Jan Engelhardt, Jay Strict, Kay Sievers, Lennart Poettering,
        Markus Knetschke, Martin Pitt, Michael Biebl, Michael Marineau, Michal
        Sekletar, Miguel Bernal Marin, Peter Hutterer, Richard Maw, rinrinne,
        Susant Sahani, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen, Tom Gundersen, Torstein
        Husebø, Vedran Miletić, WaLyong Cho, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek

        -- Berlin, 2015-07-07