[systemd-devel] Fedora 21 and systemd-nspawn

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:08:30 PDT 2015

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 18:15, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But yeah, was wondering if there were known users of nspawn containers that discussed their use cases.

I’m starting to us it for testing of installation and upgrades of various web apps on UBOS [1] using webapptest [2]. This means spinning up, doing installing a few things, running curl from the host, and then shutting down lots of containers in a short amount of time.

So far, I have been using VirtualBox, which takes a looong time and only works on x86, but I’d also like to test on various little ARM devices.

Currently, the jury is still out whether nspawn is currently reliable enough to migrate most of our automated tests to it. Most of my posts to this list in the past month have come from trying to figure that out / make it work.

Cheers,

Johannes.

[1] http://ubos.net/ <http://ubos.net/>
[2] http://ubos.net/docs/developers/app-test.html#alternate-scaffolds <http://ubos.net/docs/developers/app-test.html#alternate-scaffolds>