[systemd-devel] filtering journal logs

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 22 14:07:32 PDT 2015

On Sat, 20.06.15 00:57, MichaƂ Zegan (webczat_200 at poczta.onet.pl) wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am curious if it is possible or planned to add support for pattern
> matching and/or negation matching in journal? for example I would like
> to view everything except audit entries.
> Actually, when we are at it, are audit entries actually distinguished
> now, or not?

Yes, audit messages have _TRANSPORT=audit set.

There's currently no "negative" field matching, but we should add it,
and it's on the TODO list for a while. It's not trivial to do nicely
unfortunately, since the data structures are designed to find things
effectively, but not skip things effectively... But certainly doable.