[systemd-devel] How to provision a container after creation via a script

Matthew Karas mkarascybi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:45:31 PDT 2015

I am trying to configure a container after creation using machinectl
but I'm coming up against problems in my implementation.  If this
isn't the correct way to set up a container after creation please let
me know the right way.

---------My Implementation------
I'm running a bash loop installing modules via systemd-nspawn on the machine

systemd-nspawn -m <MACHINE> dnf -y install <PACKAGE>

The machine was created via this command

sudo machinectl pull-raw --verify=no <httppath to fed22> <MACHINE>

The script installs a few packages then hangs saying the command for
systemd-nspawn was killed.  Each attempt installs a few more packages.

Once the script hangs - I have to reboot the system, as systemd-nspawn
says the file system is busy.  There is no way to cancel the script
unless you close the terminal.

I'm on a macbook pro running parallels 9 - the VM is a fedora 22 install.