[systemd-devel] Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd - crap idea !

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:17:30 PDT 2015

В Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:21:44 +0000
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg at gmail.com> пишет:

> On 06/29/2015 02:08 PM, jon wrote:
> > https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#systemd-upgrade-default-init-system
> >
> > I just installed debian 8.1, on the whole my reaction is mixed, one
> > thing however really pisses me off more than any other
> >
> > "5.6.1. Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd"
> >
> > This is not "Stricter" it is a change in default behaviour.
> >
> > This change is a shit idea, who do I shout at to get the behaviour
> > modified to back to sensible ?
> >

> The systemd community only recommends what downstream consumers of it
> should do

No. systemd changed interpretation of well established configurations
in incompatible way. There is no way to retain existing behavior. It is
far from "recommends" - it is "my way or highway".

The problem is that systemd community does not care to even explain
the reasons for this change. It simply ignores any complaints and bug
reports. Of course systemd community does not get to see much of them
- most users who are pissed off by these changes are not those who
would try to e-mail this list. So to systemd community it looks like
everyone is happy except couple of old farts.

>          but does not dictate or othewise decided anything how those
> consumers eventually decide to implement systemd so if you dont like how
> systemd is implemented in Debian you should voice your concerns with the
> Debian community.

Debian? You assume users of every other distribution are happy?