[systemd-devel] Stricter handling of failing mounts during boot under systemd - crap idea !

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 29 11:40:45 PDT 2015

On Mon, 29.06.15 18:50, jon (jon at jonshouse.co.uk) wrote:

> > and why don't you just add "nofail"
> > it's way shorter then write a ton of emails
>
> Yes, this I have in fact done.  I have the right to complain though
> !

You don't have the "right" to do this on this mailing list though.

Please do it elsewhere, like on Slashdot or so. The systemd mailing
list is a forum for technical discussions, and rants like yours are
simply not appropriate, they are just noise and not constructive.

> I am not writing this to take the p***, this really the type of thing
> that people maintaining a few servers on a small scale have to consider.

Here's a recommendation for the next time you post a rant like this:
do your research first, and see if there might be technical reasons
for the behaviour you see, instead of assuming there are no reasons
for it except that the auhtors of the software want to be dicks to
you...