[systemd-devel] Possible bug when a dummy service declares After= and/or Conflicts= a .mount unit?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Mar 4 03:49:31 PST 2015

On Wed, 04.03.15 09:21, Didier Roche (didrocks at ubuntu.com) wrote:

> Hey,
>
> It seems that we discovered an issue if a service declares some relationship
> with a .mount unit.
> For instance, having tmp.mount disable (and nothing mounting /tmp as tmpfs
> in fstab):

tmp.mount is enabled statically via the
/usr/lib/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/tmp.mount symlink.

Also, note that system automatically creates the necessary deps to a
mount for a variety of cases when something below that mount is
referenced.

Disabling a mount unit is not sufficient to not start it, if it
is referenced explicitly or implicitly by another unit.

Use "systemctl show tmp.mount" to see by which dependencies it was
pulled in.