[systemd-devel] minimal required units

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Wed Mar 11 12:02:29 PDT 2015

I'm trying to make an embedded device, and I would like to start with the
minimal setup as possible. Are there some units that are required by
systemd?
I ask because systemd is complaining about a missing rescue.target unit,
but I don't list rescue.target as a dependency of any other unit.
However, grep tells me that /usr/lib/systemd/systemd contains the
"rescue.target" string, which worries me. Is there a list of all the units
that are required, even though no other unit lists them?