[systemd-devel] Linking containers

Peter Paule systemd-devel at fedux.org
Wed Mar 11 22:33:03 PDT 2015

Excerpts from Peter Paule's message of 2015-03-02 18:49:42 +0100:
> > I am not sure I want to talk a TCP/TLS based protocol just to add a
> > interface to a local switch.
> >
> > To integrate this stuff closely they should either provide a C
> > library, or a bus API or something similar, but having to reimplement
> > a new protocol just to be able to add an interface to a switch is too
> > much...
There's a C-API available, but it's poorly documented. Here's the answer
from one of the `of-config`-maintainers:

  I'm afraid that ovsdb-idl.h (and the commented code of the functions
  declared there) is the only source of information. The ovs-vsctl tool
  also uses IDL, so you can inspire there. You can also try to aks in
  openvswitch's ovs-dev mailing list.

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/acf72f1322a041fdf30a1c115dbc0e7a6dffac00/lib/ovsdb-idl.c
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/acf72f1322a041fdf30a1c115dbc0e7a6dffac00/lib/ovsdb-idl.h