[systemd-devel] Providing DNS for DHCPServer configuration

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Mar 27 05:33:35 PDT 2015

Hi Ash,

We do want some functionality like this. However, I don't think we
should simply default to assuming the DHCP server is also a DNS
server. The way it should work is to pass to the client all the (non
restricted, i.e., where Domains= is not set, or includes the wildcard)
DNS servers configured for the host.

That has the restriction that any DNS server you want to pass on to
the client must also be a valid DNS server on the server. Which I
think is fine.

Makes sense?

Cheers,

Tom