[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

Shawn Landden shawnlandden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:30:02 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 4:02 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/30/2015 10:32 PM, Shawn Landden wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Heyja
>>>
>>> Should this not be dropped and *DE write,integrate/implement an graphical
>>> frontend to systemd for themselves?
>>>
>>> It's not like this is receiving the love it needs, hence I'm pretty sure
>>> nobody is using this.
>>
>> Parts of systemd arn't getting the love they need either, such as
>> systemctl show.
>

> For systemd ui the *DE communities are better suited to implement, integrate
> and maintain an ui on top of systemd for their *DE.
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Logs

I see the dbus type problems you are probably getting. Isn't this
actually a bug in systemd as we are still exporting as systemd1? If we
are incompatible shouldn't we be systemd2?

> What do you feel is missing from systemctl show?
It is only suppose to show fields that have been changed by humans
(even the developer) not systemd defaults.

--
Liberty equality fraternity or death,

Shawn Landden
ChurchOfGit.com