[systemd-devel] Don't allow to restart emergency.service/rescue.service

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:08:18 PDT 2015

> On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 12:39:50PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> > +KillMode=process
>> >
>> > If I had to take a guess I would say that it was desired to let the
>> > shell do its own process management, but Lennart can only know. Maybe
>> > KillMode=mixed would be better?
>>
>> KillMode=mixed seems to work better, indeed, from a quick test and I
>> don't see a downside using mixed.
> KillMode=mixed is newer. RefuseManual* is rather ugly, so this approach
> seems much nicer.

The following services in units/  use KillMode=process:

console-getty.service.m4.in:KillMode=process
container-getty at .service.m4.in:KillMode=process
debug-shell.service.in:KillMode=process
getty at .service.m4:KillMode=process
serial-getty at .service.m4:KillMode=process

I wonder, if they should all be switched to use mixed.

universe are pointed away from Earth?