[systemd-devel] No hackfest at Linux Plumbers Conference

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu May 7 09:11:30 PDT 2015

Heya!

I have been asked recently whether there'll be a systemd hackfest at
the Linux Plumbers Conference in Seattle this year. I have talked to
some of the other core systemd hackers about this today, and all
of them indicated they do not intend to attend this year's LPC. (I
myself will not attend either.)  We hence decided not to organize a
hackfest there this year.

Note that there will be coverage of the boot/init topic at LPC even
without a systemd hackfest, as John Mehaffey, Kate Stewart, Matthew
Wilson are organizing a boot/init MC.

As next systemd event we hope to organize a proper systemd
conference-cum-hackfest later this year or early next year, most
likely in Berlin, Germany. One day of presentations with another day
(or two) of hacking. Most likely we'll call this event "Das
Bootvergnügen".