[systemd-devel] clarification on daemon-reload

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:35:34 PDT 2015

В Sun, 17 May 2015 10:06:28 +0200
Igor Bukanov <igor at mir2.org> пишет:

> Hello,
>
> suppose a unit B runs just because another unit A contains Requires=B and

What exactly do you mean? It has RefuseManualStart set?

> After=B. When B runs, it changes A like adding new dependencies, altering
> Exec command etc and then B calls systemctl daemon-reload. Then the systemd
> uses the new definition for A, right?
>
> In particular, if according to the new configuration A should not run at
> all because B changed the systemd configuration so A is no longer required
> by any units, then systemd does not run A, right?

I do not think so. AFAIU, daemon-reload should not cause any unit state
change.

Which can be quite confusing if you modify e.g. ExecStart line to do
something entirely different - it will show unit as started with new
definition while it actually runs with old one.

I'm not entirely sure what systemd can sensibly do in this case though.