[systemd-devel] Adding additional network interfaces "dynamically", after networkd startup finishes

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed May 27 05:03:37 PDT 2015

Hello All!
My network is managed via systemd-networkd. I'm trying to create
additional network bridge after another one service (VPN) is started.

Right now I'm having a ExecStartPost directive, which creates
/run/systemd/network, creates a necessary netdev/link/network files
here, and restarts networkd (/bin/systemctl restart
systemd-networkd.service).

I wonder if it's a correct way to "dynamically" create network
interfaces? Is it possible to ask networkd to re-read its
configuration w/o restarting? Maybe D-Bus commands or something?

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.