[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] Makefile.am

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Fri May 29 09:45:02 PDT 2015

Hi,

I was thinking about this one recently...

I really think the "correct" solution is for man/custom-entities.ent
to be generated by configure from a man/custom-entities.ent.in
template instead. I haven't really checked if that's viable though, if
configure knows about every variable it will need, etc. but I was
planning to look into it at some point in the near future.

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it's ok to expect people to run "make clean" after touching
>> the makefile to get the man pages fixed.
>
> Atm, man/custom-entities.ent is only cleaned up on "make distclean".
> I think we should move that from DISTCLEANFILES to CLEANFILES.

Yes I think that's a good start and `make clean` will trigger a
rebuild of most of what depends on custom-entities.ent anyways so I
wouldn't expect a lot of spurious rebuilds due to that.

Cheers,
Filipe