[systemd-devel] journalctl's http://localhost:19531/browse

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 2 10:27:43 PST 2015

On Mon, 02.11.15 18:44, Kai Hendry (hendry at webconverger.com) wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, at 06:10 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Note that the website will show only those accessible to the
> > "systemd-journal" group.
> >
> > Did you run "logger" unprivileged? Did you run journalctl privileged?
> > That might explain the difference?
>
> In that video earlier I ran journalctl as my user, so unprivileged, but
> it still sees my logger commands, unlike http://localhost:19531/browse
>
> Though what you said sounds like a good explanation. However how do make
> the Web interface show my user's `logger` invocations? I did try adding
> my user to the systemd-journal group, but that didn't seem to solve my
> issue.

Hmm, maybe there's something wrong with the ACLs on the journal files
or the directory they reside in? Normally, there should be an ACL that
allows the "systemd-journal" group access to all files, and
systemd-journal-gatewayd is running with that group among its
auxiliary group ids...

> > well, systemd-journal-gatewayd serves that already, you can just use
> > that...
>
> Ah! Perfect. Oh but I need a way to setup CORS so I can access it from
> my Webapp:
> http://s.natalian.org/2015-11-02/systemd-journal-gatewayd.png

CORS? I don't know what that means?

> Shall I file a bug?