[systemd-devel] RFC: Setting TasksMax= by default

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Fri Nov 13 11:17:27 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> I accidentally pushed this directly
>> into master unfortunately. Sorry for that! Was supposed to become a
>> PR, but I was on the wrong branch.
>
> So, actually I was too dumb to use git, and thus git saved me from
> actually making this mistake...

For the future... consider setting the remote.upstream.pushurl config
(assuming you use the name "upstream" for the systemd/systemd git
repo) for it to catch possible mistakes.

One option is to push it to set it to
git at github.com:$myuser/systemd.git which means it will push it to your
repo (so you can open a PR.)

Another option is to use an https:// URL instead of a git@ SSH one, in
that case it will prompt you for a password and you will hopefully
notice something's wrong...

Or just set to something completely invalid to block the push
operation altogether. (You can always force it by pushing to a repo
URL if you really need an emergency direct push.)

HTH!
Filipe