[systemd-devel] [packaging] split of systemd package

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Nov 16 05:22:48 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 09:37:41AM +0100, Lukáš Nykrýn wrote:
> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek píše v So 14. 11. 2015 v 02:14 +0000:
> > Hi,
> >
> > implementing the split in Fedora deserves a Changes page,
> > because of the need to coordinate with other components of the
> > distribution (comps, some packages, anaconda):
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/systemd_package_split
> >
> > All the details are described on the Change page. If anything
> > is missing/unclear, please let me know.
>
> Hi,
> I'm not currently near my laptop so I can't test it, but how are the
> virtualization tools working without machined installed?

Do you mean virsh and similar? virsh should function, but some
functionality would not be available [1]. Not sure about
golang-github-coreos-go-systemd or lxc. I think that those packages
should get an explicit dependency on -container. I'm not aware of
other users.

Zbyszek

[1] http://sources.debian.net/src/libvirt/1.2.21-1/src/util/virsystemd.c/#L248