[systemd-devel] vt-less session switching

SGT. Garcia darwinskernel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 07:02:59 PST 2015

hello,

in kmscon cdev-session was removed before dvdherm stopped working on it in
favour of libuvt and systemd-logind; so reads the commit logs.

i wonder if anyone here has managed to run X (or any other graphic server)
on top of kmscon on a system where kernel is configured with 'CONFIG_VT=n'?

atm booting into such system and trying to run X will return:
/dev/ttyY is missing (No such file or directory) for me.

note that i also have this overrider for getty@:
/etc/systemd/system/getty at .service.d/override.conf:
[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/kmscon -v "--vt=%I" --seats=seat0 --no-switchvt --drm --hwaccel --session-control -l /bin/login
Restart=on-success
Environment=XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=systemd-console

btw: comments before dropping the code for cdev-session in kmscon indicates
that the goal of cdev-session can easily be accomplished by using
systemd-logind and libuvt; hence asking here...

sgt