[systemd-devel] Scheme bindings

Jan Synacek jsynacek at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 04:53:02 PST 2015

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 09:27:17AM +0100, Jan Synáček wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> if anybody lurking here and hacking on systemd also likes scheme, I
>> created bindings for GNU Guile [1]. The API is far from covered, but
>> journal API and sd_listen* stuff is usable. You can now write socket
>> activated services in scheme!
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/jsynacek/guile-systemd
>
> Hi,
>
> when you construct a list like this, do you have normal or reverse order:
>     for (i = 0; i < r; i++)
>        s_fds = scm_cons(scm_from_int(SD_LISTEN_FDS_START+i), s_fds);
> ?

Good catch, it's reversed. But, does it really matter in practice?

> return sd_booted() ? SCM_BOOL_T : SCM_BOOL_F;
> → sd_booted can return negative for error.

_public_ int sd_booted(void) {
        return laccess("/run/systemd/system/", F_OK) >= 0;
}

This returns a "boolean" value. I'm not really sure why it would return
anything else. But, the documentation indeed says that it can return
negative values when it fails.

Cheers,
--
Jan Synacek