[systemd-devel] systemd and intltool

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:48:59 PDT 2015

> Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> writes:

>> Happy to take a patch that removes the intltool hookup if it replaces
>> it with the right gettext hookup instead.
>
> I have investigated this a bit... AFAIK, gettext cannot be directly used
> to parse and merge translations into XML files. However, a simple python
> script instead of intltools should be enough for systemd's needs. I'll
> investigate further and possibly submit a pull request.

Afaiu, the plan is not to teach gettext about all different XML
formats, but use itstool for that.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2015-October/msg00000.html

That's still work in progress, so maybe we just have to wait a little
until this is sorted out.

universe are pointed away from Earth?