[systemd-devel] add new entry for HP ProBook 6555b to keyboard.hwdb

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 16 07:32:35 PDT 2015

Olaf Hering [2015-10-16 16:21 +0200]:
> root at probook:~ # udevadm test-builtin keyboard
> /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4/event5
> calling: test-builtin
> === trie on-disk ===
> tool version:          224
> file size:         7049404 bytes
> header size             80 bytes
> strings            1762740 bytes
> nodes              5286584 bytes
> Load module index
> timestamp of '/usr/lib/systemd/network' changed
> Parsed configuration file /usr/lib/systemd/network/99-default.link
> Created link configuration context.
> Unload module index
> Unloaded link configuration context.

That didn't work -- so apparently the device path has changed over a
reboot.

> My entry from the initial mail works, no worries.

Oh! I misunderstood you that it did *not* work, and you asked for
debugging why. I submitted a pull request:

  https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/1586

> # If your changes are generally applicable, open a bug report on
> #   http://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=systemd

This was already updated a while ago.

I didn't change the trigger comment, as the manpage also indicates
that triggering multiple path arguments is supposed to work. So let's
rather fix that.

Thanks,

Martin