[Tango-artists] Icon question

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu Dec 15 04:26:59 PST 2005

Where I'm from originally, in Ohio, and also I believe in the Greater
Boston Area (not totally sure, since I rent, and all the garbage
collection junk is handled by the management co.), they are red.
Typically the color of the recycle bins is determined by the city, so
trying to claim that one color is The Right One, isn't very useful,
since it varies so widely across the board. I personally like the
current green trash can. It's not blue, so it's not exactly the same
as the one in gnome-icon-theme, and it's a nice subtle difference to
the blue folders on my desktop. It doesn't scream out at me, but it's
easy to see which one is trash, versus which is a folder, if I need to
drag something there.

Also, most industrial Trash cans, are brown, or grey, maybe black. And
it is called Trash on at least GNOME. I think it is the same on KDE as
well. I would be reluctant for us to make it blue. Maybe remove the logo
for recycling or something, but making it blue seems like the wrong
thing to do. It is a beautiful and unique snowflake.

-- dobey