[Tango-artists] Session icons

sascha brossmann brsma.s at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 09:05:29 PST 2005

On 12/23/05, Rodney Dawes <dobey at novell.com> wrote:
> But, I don't think this dialog is an exceptionally good use of icons,
> or layout.

i fear i have to fully agree. no offense intended, but there are really
_severe_ problems and the whole session-ending interaction should
propably be redesigned from scratch. (cf. my former post of 2005-12-06).
nicer icons won't actually improve anything and just serve as spray-on
decoration. please, acknowledge that design is *not* just about nice
looks...

> Perhaps this should be discussed on the GNOME usability list though,
> since I would rather not have desktop-specific usability discussions
> on this list.

you're propably right. OTOH increasing awareness maybe might not hurt
either...

best,

sascha brossmann
--
:: public key id 0x2EA549A0 ::.. :: . .  .  . ..    .    .   .